SOME TIPS ON SEARCHING OUR ONLINE DATA BASE
Search the ever-growing data base of artifacts, photographs and archival materials that reveal the lively history of Jefferson County by using:
- QUICK SEARCH and entering KEY WORDS (such as names and subjects).
- Use ADVANCED SEARCH to explore by KEY WORDS; use the drop down menus to view COLLECTIONS and TYPE OF OBJECT.
- To narrow results to photographs and to artifacts that have been photographed, check the little box next to "Only records with images."
- Select items from the list provided by clicking on the blue number. This will provide more information about the item.
- Use the search buttons at the top of the pages to navigate, NOT YOUR BROWSER'S BACK BUTTON.
- To contribute information regarding a specific item simply press the "I Know More About This" button on the item's data page.
- If you cannot come in to view objects yourself, the Research Center provides research services at $20 per hour. If you are interested in purchasing a historic photograph or copies of documents, CLICK HERE for more information.
- Check back often; we are constantly adding to the more than 70,000 entries currently available.